Tuesday, December 9, 2008

O Christmas Tree



We have a fun Christmas tradition. Every year we each go pick out a new ornament for the tree. It may not be the prettiest tree, but it certainly has meaning, and memory. It shows how the kids have grown and changed each year. Kali's ornament began with Dora, and has now progressed to Hannah Montana. When they move to their own place, we will let them have their ornaments for their own trees.

They decorated the tree as well. I think that Kali and Kaleb have only moved their ornaments six or seven times since yesterday.


My second dog. She is drawn to the dog's bed. So I decided to put her in it, and give her his toys. She isn't so intrigued with his stuff anymore. Unless you count the dog food....

3 comments:

amy said...

I love how you only have ornaments on the top half of the tree. We had to move the giant gate to go around the whole tree. Chairs are back in front of the stairs.

Jen said...

I like your tradition.

I think all kids eat dog food or cat food at some point in their life. ( protein right?)

The Tharps said...

What a great idea! I think I am going to start that. Thanks!