Friday, November 14, 2008

Organization Challenge

Oprah's organization challenge. 10 minutes a day. I decided that I could do it. However, I'm not a quitter...so I kept going until the job was done (which was like 2 hours people). Kali's room was a disaster. I think I've been putting this off for like a year. My house is so small, that we need all the space we can get. So after seeing Melanie's closet I was inspired. Off to Walmart I went. However, Walmart was practically out of storage containers. The rest of the Southwest Valley must have watched Oprah as well. When they didn't have the pink bins I was hoping for, I was just gonna forget about it. But I decided that I'd procrastinated enough.

I don't have a label maker, but I do have a vinyl machine...so as you can see, I just labeled each storage bin. I'm sure you are all thinking that it still looks like a mess. You should have seen it before!!!

I am ready to do the rest of the house. However I'm pretty sure that by the time I get done with the last room, it will be time to start over on the first!

Since I spent two hours today, am I off the hook for the next 20 days?

3 comments:

Melanie Palmer said...

Well I'm glad I could inspire just one person...lol.

It looks great. The vinyl lettering makes it so much cuter and less like a hospital room. Honestly though, don't you feel a little better having one less monkey on your back?

Keep going!!

amy said...

I hear ya sister... tiny house, lots of kids. I go on organizing binges myself. In the end I'm never satisfied because no matter how hard I try it never looks as awesome as Martha's closets. It's probably cause she doesn't have any freakin' kids.

Anonymous said...

Looks great! As your slacker friend I say you're definately off the hook for the next 20 days!!! This is probably why I prefer Soap Operas. So much less inspirering! =)