Saturday, January 10, 2009

What's a trip without someone refunding?


What do I mean by refunding? Read on.
We did this same California trip 2 years ago. Let's start with the drama of 2007.

Kalyssa was sick, so before we actually left, I took her in to see the Instacare doctor. I told the doctor that she had Croup. He told me that she didn't. Halfway through the flight, Kali was struggling to breathe. We had to get oxygen on her. We spent 6 hours total in the emergency room while she was treated for...what? Oh yeah, Croup.

The rest of the trip went off without a hitch....except for the last day. During the drive to the Wild Kingdom, Abbi was in the back seat doing her reading and she got sick. She refunded (my word for throwing up) all over the back seat of the car. The funny part, was that she tried to catch it in her hands. So imagine 2 tiny 7 year old hands cupped by her mouth.....so it went (I'm laughing as I'm writing this) up on the top of her head. Seriously! It was disgusting, but it was hilarious.

Anywho, moving on to 2009....

Kaisey was a little pissed when we strapped her in her car seat (in Baylee's seat) for the flight. But she did well. We came in for the landing, and we are preparing to exit the plane. All of the sudden Kali starts crying LOUDLY, "I threw up!" I look down and she sure did. We grabbed the puke bag, and she filled er up. For HELLS sake!

So....what would a trip to California be like withOUT refunding?? We may NEVER know!


4 comments:

The Olson Gang said...

Well...other than that....glad to see you made it there safe and sound! At least you get it all out of the way at the BEGINNING of the trip!!! I hope all is 100% perfect from here on out! YOU ALL DESERVE IT!! Have a great trip - and don't worry - all will be well here... but... would have been much better had you taken me with you ... but maybe next time you'll get it! :) Love ya all!!! ENJOY!!!

Jen and Justin said...

It can only get better from here, right?!? Give Mickey a big kiss from me.

Jen said...

I'm sorry... could be worse. When Austin throws up Faith gets sick from the smell so over here we have sympathy throw up. :) Have a fun trip.

Forbes Clan of Six said...

I feel for the poor little thing. I don't do good on planes or rides. On the way to Mexico for our honeymoon i filled 4 bags. Ya I am pretty boaring. The girls are old enough now that they can go on the rides with dad. Poor baby. That is the worst.