Saturday, January 16, 2010

So Many Things To Do

I am a total list maker. I saw this idea on someone's blog. I thought it was adorable. I had this old brown clipboard that was tattered and really worn. I just dressed it up with some scrapbook paper, ribbon, and a little vinyl. I also had some sheet metal that I added under the maroon part and voila! I've got a really cute little place to keep all my sticky notes....and "Things To Do".

Abbi and Baylee after their friend Charly's birthday party! Aren't they cute?
Abbi teaching Kaisey how to make a peace sign.

Abbi and I have really started butting heads lately. Turning 11 hasn't been so fun for us. I finally decided that I was the adult and to make some changes. Change one would be to just let a little more slide. I ask myself "Is this issue really worth a battle?". Usually the answer is no. I kept my voice down...most of the week anyhow! I also have tried to be a better mom by having fresh baked cookies and chocolate milk ready for them when they come home from school. (Thank you Costco and your giant container of Nestle Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough!) Well....let me tell you how much those little things did for me. I was busy running around (like usual) and asked Abbi if she could watch Kaisey and just scramble the eggs while I ran Kali to dance. When I got back she had already started the french toast AND they were eating. Ding Ding Ding! I've hit the jackpot. Pre-teen/teenagers want....RESPECT. I guess I didn't realize that I wasn't giving her proper respect.

As for my new recipe this week.....I have tried using more spices lately when I cook and have discovered that Ground Cumin is delicious. We made lettuce wraps and spiced the chicken up with it. YUM!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I love your clipboard! Super cute...and a great idea. I think I might have to make one...