Friday, March 5, 2010

A Snowy Morning Conversation

By The Mom

Kaleb: "Mom! I don't know where my snow boots are!"

Me: "I do. They are in the backyard where you left them weeks ago."

Kaleb: "Oh. Well what am I gonna wear then?"

Abbi walks out with a thin jacket on.

Me: "Abbi! It's snowing."

Abbi: "I know."

Me: "Seriously? Get a coat on."

Abbi: BIG nasty sigh as she walks into her room, comes out with coat on, and "pretty" boots.

Me: "Abbi? Are you really gonna wear those shoes instead of your snow boots? Your feet are gonna get cold and wet in the snow."

Abbi: "Mom! We aren't even gonna play outside because it's snowing."

Me: "Abbi you do have to walk in and out of the school."

No shoe change and enter carpool picking up the kids across the street.

Me: "They are here! Walk on over."

Abbi: "I don't want to walk all the way over there....it's snowing!"

No comments: